Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chrysalis

In my earlier post on motivation I wrote about how I've lost the motivation to do my crafts, which used to be a big part of my life.  Since then I've come to the realization that I'm just not interested in them any more.  The same thing has happened with music.  I have a big music collection, but now I never listen to it.  Nowadays I really value silence.  I could listen to the expanding silence for hours, but I don't get that chance much in the city.

I really feel like I'm going through a period of immense change, not just physically with getting off the meds, but in all areas.  I have a strong urge to throw everything away and start from scratch.  I'm of two minds on that still.  On one hand, I think it is true that clearing out the old will make way for new and improved.  It creates stagnant energy in your life to hold onto things.  Yes, the more I think about that the more I like the idea.

But then on the other hand, when I move back into my own place I'm going to need all that stuff.  There is a lot of nice stuff in there.  It would be prudent to keep it.

I guess I can split the difference, and do a little purging.  Really, I bet I could get rid of literally half the stuff I own now and not have my future comfort impacted.  Well, problem solved.