Saturday, November 21, 2009

PMS and Protracted Withdrawal

Since my last update the protracted withdrawal has ranged from pretty bad to really rotten.  It just won't let up!  The worst times though were the days before my period.  This has been happening every month since August, when protracted withdrawal began.  It builds over a couple of days, with runny nose, sore throat, aches and pains, fatigue, and just feeling really fluey.  I really was suspecting this time that I in fact did have the flu.  No amount of Total Amino Solutions (TAS) or fluids was helping.  It built to a crescendo of awfulness, and then it just seemed to turn the corner and get better.  And two hours after that my period started.  It was weird.  Somehow the flush of hormones before it starts really aggravates the protracted withdrawal.

I felt ok for the first day but then I started getting migraines.  I think I've had at least 3 days of migraines now, not continuously (small favours) but pretty viciously.  For the most part my monthly migraines have been a lot better since I started Empowerplus, much shorter and less severe, but not this month for some reason.

Everything seems to be triggering bad protracted withdrawal these days.  Last night I was up quite late (even for me) and today again the protracted withdrawal was bad.  Migraine again when I woke up today, nauseous, I heated the last of my homemade soup for dinner but I couldn't eat it.

Feeling so sick all the time is making me irritable also.  I am tired of my poor parents asking how I'm doing and always having to report that I'm still sick.  We all put so much faith in the "six month" timeframe that it is disappointing to still be so sick.