Monday, July 6, 2009

Patience

Patience is my word of the day. I felt a little better today, but it is going oh so slowly. I'm still having no luck with any of the withdrawal remedies that have been recommended. I think today was better because I didn't try anything new. Yesterday I went out to the mall with my mom to buy some whey protein. It's a good thing I had her along because I had to sit outside on a bench while she actually bought the stuff for me. It was too hot for me in there. I am still having this temperature problem, being hot and cold at the same time.

I tried the whey protein as soon as I got home, just a tablespoon in half a glass of water, and it seemed to help for about an hour. I had a second dose and soon my stomach was bloated and sore, and it stayed bloated and sore all night. I may try it again with some digestive enzymes at the same time, but I am not in any hurry. I know some people take rice protein powder, but having just bought one honking big plastic jar of stuff I am loathe to shell out for another.

It seems that when I resist the withdrawal, and try all these remedies, that I feel worse off than when I just let it take its course. I think I have to strive for acceptance, and go with the flow a little more. I talked to Truehope Support today, and beyond the inositol, Total Amino Solutions and whey powder they have nothing else for me to try. They did suggest that I lower my dose of Empowerplus to 12 capsules from 15, so we'll see if that helps at all. And like I said, it did seem slightly better today, so maybe the worst is over. The anxiety is pretty much gone, anyway.