Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feeling Good

Well, all the symptoms I was having seem to have gone away. My body temperature is back to normal, my mood has stabilized and I'm feeling positive once again. My hunger levels are back to normal. Things are going great. I'm holding steady at 15 Empowerplus capsules a day, and I'm down to .75 mg of Risperdal. Two more days of that and I'm done all together! I'm already finished with the Wellbutrin. I'm not even taking the Total Amino Solutions today.

And the best news of all (almost) is that I've had a couple of cups of coffee without any trouble. The tea just did not cut it. I guess it is more than just a hot drink for me, it is the taste of the coffee as well. I will probably cut back from 3 cups a day to 1 or 2, but I don't know about decaf. It seems I am fussier about my coffee than I had thought. If the withdrawal symptoms come back I may avoid coffee for a few days, but otherwise it seems to be ok.

I am lucky I know. Who would have thought withdrawal from years of psychiatric medications could be so easy? When I compare this experience to the last time I quit Risperdal the difference is night and day. My mood is very positive. There are longer standing issues to get over, like my motivation problems, but for now, things are going very well.